“Sod the wine, I want to suck on the writing. This man White is an instinctive writer, bloody rare to find one who actually pulls it off, as in still gets a meaning across with concision. Sharp arbitrage of speed and risk, closest thing I can think of to Cicero’s ‘motus continuum animi.’

Probably takes a drink or two to connect like that: he literally paints his senses on the page.”


DBC Pierre (Vernon God Little, Ludmila’s Broken English, Lights Out In Wonderland ... Winner: Booker prize; Whitbread prize; Bollinger Wodehouse Everyman prize; James Joyce Award from the Literary & Historical Society of University College Dublin)


.

.

.

.

10 March 2013

FULSOME PRISM BOOZE

Rosemount Estate Fruity and Fulsome Australia Grenache Shiraz 2012
$???; 13% alcohol; screw cap; 59.740,001/100 points on Kangarilla Gravity Lens  
A quicklinger schlock of this can teach you everything. A big daddygirl so keen to be quing she plumped on 28 kays to fill the corset and spewed at least fourteen of em on my new shoes.  It was a root day.  Just imagine it.  That was a thing I dreamed last night.  When I got the guts to get up and look my shoes were clean right there near the explosives where they always used to be, safe and sound.  Then I find this glass in my paw. Funny thing is it reminds me of that brett stuff in Shiraz barrels, which Rosemount never has, then it reminds me of the Sugarplum Fairy.  I’d be wrong, of course.  Change that.  


 
That was just a quick dream I had after I swallowing some of this  wine.  You know, it has PIQUANCY it has TERROIR scuse the shout but it can’t be brett then it smells like the bluefruit essence they tipped on Iced Kutchung in Penang in 1970.  That shit actually smelt like science.  I mean mate that's this new terroir thing thanks to science at its best its actyuarilly like a laboratory mate.  Clean, mate, clean is always reassuring in some parts.  And you know mate, like sweet.  I'll never recall Brian McGuigan telling me in the Hunter in 1982, "You know Philip the ladies love my wines with that extra sweetness in the finish."  Actually mate, it's a fucking miracle mate and a work of true genius that this vast army of clutterpoint White Hats at Treasury can combine all these wonders in the one bottle.  You can make anything that you like.  I have seen the future of Ozwine rock’n’roll and her name is Fulsome Fruity.  Thankyou science.  She’s the blarge wig dancing with no middle in her mind. Drip drip.  What I’d love to see is the base wines that went into her blender.  She would not look like Bruce Springsteen. If she still came around, Fanta could learn a lot from these people.  She was the one with the wings on her feet.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And backwards we a-go. All that hard work in the 80's and 90's being quickly undone by a few multinationals. Great.