“Sod the wine, I want to suck on the writing. This man White is an instinctive writer, bloody rare to find one who actually pulls it off, as in still gets a meaning across with concision. Sharp arbitrage of speed and risk, closest thing I can think of to Cicero’s ‘motus continuum animi.’

Probably takes a drink or two to connect like that: he literally paints his senses on the page.”


DBC Pierre (Vernon God Little, Ludmila’s Broken English, Lights Out In Wonderland ... Winner: Booker prize; Whitbread prize; Bollinger Wodehouse Everyman prize; James Joyce Award from the Literary & Historical Society of University College Dublin)


.

.

.

.

27 October 2015

SOME WORKS BY ANNABELLE COLLETT

The YaYa artist Annabelle Collett (who went to school with George Grainger Aldridge, who like me thinks she's shared genes with Patti Smith) insisted on me painting her a few years back on the carport at my old place with my socks and rocks. 

Only jokin. I took this photograph. Click any of em to fix and pinch.

This is what her carport looks like:

... and this is the sort of thing she goes round doing wiv her gangs:

I reckon this one above, at Tea Tree Gully, has some of my old business ties in it ... Annabelle (who took this photograph - the rest are by me, Philip White) has been a neighbour, confidant and co-conspirator over some alarming creative decades, and I really like photographing her and her amazing stuff. Like here are some of her preserves:


This stuff is of intense gastronomic and basic trippy interest to me ... think like symposia and look out for Annabelle's shows on the Fleurieu Peninsula, especially on her eastern  side of it on the Murray estuary opposite Kurmurangk ... I'll keep you informed






























2 comments:

Annabelle said...

Thank you dear friend

Bag Lady said...

Looks like a wine show Whitey. Rhode Island red roosters vs your strawberry blancmange. Lovely!